What is laser hair removal?
• Laser Hair Removal is a quick, non-invasive way to permanently reduce unwanted hair.
How does the treatment work?
• The area to be treated is cleansed and shaved. A topical numbing cream may be applied. The technician scans the treatment area with the laser, which emits a specific wavelength that passes harmlessly through skin and into the hair follicle. The follicle is heated and damaged, putting an end to hair growth.
How many treatments are required?
• Hair growth can only be affected during the growth cycle. Several sessions are required to destroy all hair follicles.
Is laser hair removal safe?
• Laser Hair Removal is a common, quick and safe procedure. A variety of lasers have been FDA approved for hair reduction.
Are there any possible side effects?
• You may experience stinging, mild swelling and pigmentation changes immediately after treatment. These effects are temporary, as are the rare appearance of blisters and lesions. Scarring and the activation of viral infections, such as herpes and shingles, may occur if you are already predisposed. For this reason, you must give a complete medical history before treatment.
Will there be any downtime?
• No, you may return to your normal routine immediately.
What are the benefits of Laser Hair Removal over other treatments?
• Laser Hair Removal is fast and has long term results. Other hair reduction methods must either be done often or hair by hair.
How soon will results appear?
• Results are revealed as your hair goes through its normal cycles. By six months, you should have an idea of how much hair has been reduced.
How long does a Laser Hair Removal treatment last?
• The procedure may take anywhere from minutes to hours depending on the size of the area to be treated.
What conditions respond best to this treatment?
• Laser Hair Removal works best on all skin tones and light brown hair and darker.
Who are candidates for Laser Hair Removal?
• With the newest lasers, individuals of all skin and hair types can be treated.
Who should avoid Laser Hair Removal?
• If you have a history of keloid formation, excessive scarring or poor healing, you may not be right for this treatment. Tattoos and permanent makeup can be altered by Laser Hair Removal. This treatment cannot be performed in areas with open sores, lesions or infections.
How does the treatment feel?
• Our treatment is virtually pain free, without the use of anesthesia or numbing gels. Most patients describe the sensation as soothing like a “hot stone massage”.
How long do the results last?
• Results vary from person to person. Permanent reduction is common but cannot be guaranteed.
Is additional treatment necessary?
• For best results we recommend a monthly treatment for new patients.
What are the limitations of Laser Hair Removal?
• Certain lasers work on melanin, so their use is limited to people with hair darker than skin tone. In general, Laser Hair Removal cannot guarantee permanent hair removal.
Instructions for after treatment:
• Keep the area clean and dry. For the first few days, do not scrub or irritate the skin with heavy creams, chemicals, lotions or sun exposure. Use sunscreen with SPF 45 or greater. Apply moisturizers, cold compresses or over-the-counter steroid creams at your discretion. Contact your physician if you develop blisters, scabbing or signs of infection. Your hair will still appear to grow for two or three weeks as it falls out. Additional treatments can be performed until you achieve the desired effect.
Contact Us Today